Shillong: Traffic Police (STP) being satisfied that it is necessary in the interest of Public safety and convenience; do hereby impose temporary ‘NO ENTRY’ in the following places around the Shillong city only during the Durga Puja celebration w.e.f. 5th – 8th October, 2019. Violators will be penalized accordingly under appropriate section of Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Act, 2019. Inconvenience caused is regretted.
Sadar Area: NO ENTRY
- From Jail Road Petrol Pump towards Jail Market.
- Forest Colony towards C.R.P.F. Camp.
- Near Gandhi Bunyadi Higher Secondary School towards Pynthorrit.
- From Oakland Junction towards Oakland Puja Pandal.
- From Bamboo Hut towards Keating Road.
Laban Area: NO ENTRY
- From Lawsohtun/CID quarter towards Bishnupur Market.
- From Oxford Junction towards Rilbong Beat House.
- From Shillong Times Office to Rilbong Beat House.
- Last Stop towards Oxford Junction.
- Harrison Bridge towards Shillong Times Office, Rilbong.
- Batti Bazaar Road towards Hari Sabha Puja Pandal.
- MGCC Road towards Oxford junction.
Lumdiengjri Area: NO ENTRY
- From District council point towards M.E.S. side for heavy vehicles (depending on traffic situation).
- From Trenching Ground road towards Round Building Jhalupara.
- From Kyrbom towards Mawbah.
Rynjah Area: NO ENTRY
- No Entry from main road I to main road II.
- No Entry from Lumshngain to Rynjah Dispensary.
- No entry from Lumsohphoh to Nongmensong Bazaar.
Madanrting Area: NO ENTRY
- No Entry from Assam Market towards Long Range.
Laitumkhrah Area: NO ENTRY
- No Entry from Goraline towards Ram Krishna Mission and infront of P.S.
- No Entry from infront of P.S. towards Puja Pandal.
- No Entry from Fire Brigade point towards Puja Pandal.
- No Entry from Law College towards main road.
- No Entry from New Colony Junction towards Puja Pandal.